Statement of preserved benefits - clarification needed

Newbie!

Registered User
Messages
901
I just got a statement of my preserved benefits from my public sector job that I recently left. Under the benefits payable section there is a retirement pension of 5k and a gross retirement gratuity of 27k. Can someone clarify what these figures actually are? Is the 5k my annual pension and the 27k my lump sum?

(edited to add that yes I am that clueless about pensions and I have tried HR in my old employers but they just don't respond to queries).
thanks,
 
5k from retirement till death is potentially 30+ years of 5K = 150K so not that paltry
How much did you pay into the pension fund while you were in the job?
 
5k from retirement till death is potentially 30+ years of 5K = 150K so not that paltry
How much did you pay into the pension fund while you were in the job?
It was 1 1⁄2% of Gross Reckonable pay plus 3 1⁄2% of net reckonable pay.
 
Back
Top