State savings new issue

I was on the phone to them setting up my online banking with them I asked about any new issue.
Guy told me they always here talk well before it happens but not a word yet so I guess nothing this month anyways

10-year Irish government bonds are now yielding around 2.2%, which makes State Savings products look pretty unattractive at the moment.

Are you sure about that, this is a quotation from NTMA: Fixed Term Products, Instalment Savings and Prize Bonds winnings are not subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) and are exempt from Income Tax, Pay Related Social Insurance and Capital Gains Tax in Ireland.

Will savings interest rates go up in 2022 Ireland?

ECB rates will be rising again in 2022 – so we expect some small increases in deposit rates over the coming months. You can get interest rates at online banks in Europe that are as much as 200 times bigger than the tiny 0.01% offered by the main banks in Ireland.
Give us a link to all of those banks and rates please?

Give us a link to all of those banks and rates please?
And also the characteristics of such accounts... E.g. demand, notice, fixed term, lump sum, regular saver, min/max balance, etc. I can't imagine that there are too many banks offering 2% gross on deposits/savings (and I'm discounting UK/£ accounts for obvious reasons).

And also the characteristics of such accounts... E.g. demand, notice, fixed term, lump sum, regular saver, min/max balance, etc. I can't imagine that there are too many banks offering 2% gross on deposits/savings (and I'm discounting UK/£ accounts for obvious reasons).
You can find 2% on Raisin.ie. 2yr Fixed term. 3% for 5 years. Both are with a French bank
There's a referral bonus of €50 if you're interested.

Some banks deduct Witholding Tax at their domestic rate, if you supply Tax Residency Certificate, they refund it. Others don't. You make a declaration to revenue in your tax return
Is it taxed as income or dirt?

Not so much as a whisper. My advice is, believe nothing unless you hear it from me first and you might be waiting a while :cool:
Surely if the ECB hike rates again tomorrow deposit rates will have to start moving up?

Back