State Pensions

N

Nell.oc

father is 70 still working 2 days a week - hasn't applied for his pension yet - get the impression that he thinks he owes the taxman a bucket of money and wants to stay under the radar - he's been self employed all his life - mother turning 65 this year and is very worried and unsure what to do -
The question is how do i find out if he owes any money ?
Can I apply for a non contibutory pension on his behalf and would this keep him 'under the radar'
Can my mother apply for her pension or would her applying shine a light on him and his tax status-
Geniunely think he doesn't owe too much but he is of the older generation and would rather keep head in the sand

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks

The question is how do i find out if he owes any money ?
Talk to a good accountant/tax advisor. Sort out any liabilities now before interest and penalties accrue or increase.
Can I apply for a non contibutory pension on his behalf and would this keep him 'under the radar'
Please don't ask for advice on how to scam the system by engaging in welfare fraud and/or tax evasion.
Geniunely think he doesn't owe too much but he is of the older generation and would rather keep head in the sand
He needs to find out what, if any, liabilities he has and then sort them out.

Try playing monopoly - there is a square there which says Go to jail, do not pass GO and Do not collect £200.

Ha - amusing but not productive.... almost like what our soccer team have just put us through but at the last minute they have pulled it out of the bag!
70 yr old men know nothing about the tax system so he could be right - take clubman's advice and investigate before you start declaring

thanks for the advise - not trying to 'scam' anyone or any system trying to sort this out with mimimal scare mongering of the man - will investigate - again thanks

Back