state benefits abroad(europe)

M

mike101

I am trying to find out what entitlements you can keep if going to live in europe specifically spain. with special reference to Incapacity / child benifit and working familly tax credit.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to AAM.

Would anything be helpful. You may find some further info by using the search option on

Hope this helps.

I am trying to find out what entitlements you can keep if going to live in europe specifically spain. with special reference to Incapacity / child benifit and working familly tax credit.

I'm not sure about the benefits you mention but unemployment benefit is transferable to another EU15 country for up to 13 weeks, assuming you would be entitled to it in your home country. There is info on the internet, sorry I don't have a link, maybe try the European Commission website.

With respect to the other posters could I suggest that you'd be better looking at www.welfare.ie for information regarding their schemes. You have to watch the 'small print'. My son-in-law hadn't read the following when he moved back to Germany earlier this year. He didn't know about the requirement to be on UB for 4 weeks before he moved.

"(c) Transfer of Benefit - Article 69

Under this Article a person who has been in receipt of UB in one of the European countries for at least 4 weeks, may transfer this benefit to one of the other European countries for a maximum of 13 weeks (78 days), provided the person is seeking employment in that country. The person registers as unemployed in the country to which s/he travels, and the local social services office pays the benefit, subsequently recouping it from the home country."

Back