Starting out in practice as an accountant

Relevant

I am working as an accountant for 14 years now and I am hoping to start out on my own.
I am ACCA qualified and currently finishing the CTA qualification. I am in the process of applying for a non-audit practicing cert. I have found ACCA to be very helpful and supportive in the process.

I have a few questions for those who have done this;

• Where do people recommend to get the Professional Indemnity Insurance? I have budgeted about €500 for this.
  • What CRO search company do you recommend ie. search4less or vision net?
  • For accounts production software, I am leaning towards relate as this is where my experiences lies. Is there a better alternative? I understand that it costs about €1000 for the software plus €500 a year for support.
  • In relation to the practicing cert application, I have the choice of using ACCA list of practices that are available to be used as the continuity of practice arrangement. Has anyone gone down this route?
  • From the GDPR perspective, is it recommended to back up to the cloud and have a policy of paperless where possible?
  • Is there anything I should be made aware of registering a TAIN or opening a CRO account?
  • Is Omnipro recommend for practice compliance information and support?
  • Any recommendations for payroll packages currently on the market?
Any other pointers would be great so as to avoid any pitfalls.
I estimate that it will take 3 months before I get approved for the practicing cert but I just want to make sure that I have everything in order, as I already of clients eager to sign up.

I want to establish pricing structure, processes and compliance so that it is as smooth as possible.

Thanks

Back