Savvy Sally
Registered User
- Messages
- 10
Hi,
45 F here. Not working currently. Upskilling and exploring the possibility of setting up my own business. I am in the fortunate position that I have some additional cash that I can invest for the longer term (15 to 20 years at least). I considered setting up a PRSA and investing a lump sum. I appreciate that I will not get tax relief on the way in, however it will grow tax-free within a PRSA and will go some way towards plugging the pension contribution gaps given that I am not working presently. When I suggested this approach to my current financial advisor they were quite dismissive of the idea and did not think it would be possible.
Has anyone in this community invested in a PRSA when they did not have earned income? All thoughts and feedback on this topic are welcome.
Thanks a lot!
45 F here. Not working currently. Upskilling and exploring the possibility of setting up my own business. I am in the fortunate position that I have some additional cash that I can invest for the longer term (15 to 20 years at least). I considered setting up a PRSA and investing a lump sum. I appreciate that I will not get tax relief on the way in, however it will grow tax-free within a PRSA and will go some way towards plugging the pension contribution gaps given that I am not working presently. When I suggested this approach to my current financial advisor they were quite dismissive of the idea and did not think it would be possible.
Has anyone in this community invested in a PRSA when they did not have earned income? All thoughts and feedback on this topic are welcome.
Thanks a lot!