started a new job but then left it.

C

con1972

Hi, i wont do a long boring post here,here i go, well after seeking employment for the last 3mths i finally got a part time job,which i was told at the interview would be only 20hrs a wk 4hrs a day i was so happy to hear they were hiring me so i started the first 3 days @4hrs a day then day 5 i was in for seven hrs which i didnt mind as it was a new company and they needed all the help they could get setting up. Now my problem is this, at the interview i spoke about wages and they wer giving me what i was looking for as a supervisor and the hrs also.But it came to signing my starting form i was told id be on 7.80 an hr which i argued over and the manager said i was going to be earning way more than she would,and that my roll was an assistant not supervisor,i was sooooo anoyed that i carried on working and thought to myself thats it im not doing all this work for that wage,also i was told my contract would be posted out to me within a mth (i never heard of a contract taken that long to be signed) baiscly i felt they wer using me to help them set up the store.
I rang the manager later to talk about what i was promised in the interview money and hrs and she toled me that she can get someone else to work more hrs for less cash i was furious so i told her i wouldnt be back and she could sent my wages by post,thats now 3wks ago and i have not got a penny from them,im just wondering what i should do? Do i let it pass or do i ring them, i maybe dont have a leg to stand on as i didnt sign a contract!!!!!

Back