Start Your Own Business Course

laila

Can anyone recommend a start your own business course. I see FAS have one - could anyone recommend a FAS course from personal experience or are there alternative courses out there in Dublin? Thanks.

Hi I did a start your own business course with west limerick resoures I am sure there is something like that in dublin or you could ring the limerick branch and they would tell you. Can i also recommend that if you do the course make sure you have a good idea of what you want to do have your homework done on the business, have lots of question ready. The one that I did had some guest speakers at it.

Hi

I did a Start Your Own Business Course in the National College of Ireland (in the Financial Services Centre, Dublin) which was run by FAS, it was very well run and was very informative and I would highly recommend it. Another point is, it was really good to be with other people who were interested in setting up a business.

Lots of the local schools run adult education at night time inc. SYOB.

There is a book of courses you can purchase in the shops.

Look at [broken link removed]

The County and City Enterprise Boards will be running Start your Own Business Courses as part of their Spring Training Programme - normally one night per week over a 6 week period.

I see from their website that the next Boot Camp is on 14th Feb

START-UP BOOT CAMP

Oak Tree's acclaimed START-UP BOOT CAMPs, presented by Brian O'Kane, return for 2009. If you're thinking of starting a business, this course is an essential starting point. START-UP BOOT CAMP 44 takes place on Saturday, 14 February 2009 in Dublin.
For more details, and to book your place, click here.

I have worked with the County and City Enterprise Boards throughout the country. They are an undervalued and undertapped source for training and mentoring. A lot of their course trainers will also be available for one-to-one mentoring services, having met with many of these over the past number of years I can't recommend them enough. Your local CEB is the place to start.

Back