Stanstead Express

daviehug

Travelled to Stanstead and got the train to Tottenham Hale. When exiting to go onto London Underground I saw a notice that there were service works on Sat/Sun 10th/11 Jan and the Stanstead Express would not be going to the Airport - there were no announcements on the train.
The arrangements were for passengers to travel to Cheshunt where a bus would bring you to the Airport. It also said to allow "loads of time". AFAIK these works are on next week also.
Will post when I get back to advise of time it took to get to Airport.

dave

I missed a flight a couple of years ago when this happened. I have used the Stansted Express to get quickly to Tottenham Hale and taken the tube from there to Arsenal for the footie rather than going to city centre.

I think Ryanair should be advising passengers of these problems, particularly as they are selling the tickets for the train on the flight over. Anyway, I got to see Arsenal win 1-0 - left the stadium at 4.50 and 4 of us got a taxi to Stanstead. Arrived at 6.40. Cost £60. I was happy with that as I booked free flights with Ryanair in June.
dave

Back