Standard PRSA charges

G

Gonzalo

Is it me or all the standard PRSA are the same and just depends on luck how well they perform.

The standard charges are capped but is there any product that has reduced charges?

I have the list of the registered standard products and there are multiple with reduced charges. For instance: if you contribute >6000 p.a. instead of 5% charge on contributions is %3.75.
I have even seen some 0.75% charge in fund management.

But when I go to the broker asking for reduced charges they look at me like I'm talking chinese. It's like they are saying to me: "competition, here in Ireland... no way".
So all they offer me is the standard cap 5% on contributions and 1% on the fund, regarless of the insurer.

Is there any other option other than paying this high charges?

Is it me or all the standard PRSA are the same
No - charges and funds on offer vary a lot. For example standard PRSAs can charge no more than 5% on each contribution and 1% annual management fee but you can do a lot better than this (e.g. 0%/1%). See here for example:

The cheapest PRSA?

And then different PRSA providers offer different funds and levels of customer service etc.
and just depends on luck how well they perform.
Not necessarily just luck. It is a combination of charges, fund selection, management performance and market performance that will determine your returns.
The standard charges are capped but is there any product that has reduced charges?
Yes - see above and check out the many threads on PRSAs with reduced charges.
But when I go to the broker asking for reduced charges they look at me like I'm talking chinese. It's like they are saying to me: "competition, here in Ireland... no way".
Try one of the discount brokers mentioned elsewhere on this site - e.g.

www.prsas.ie
www.prsacentre.com
www.labrokers.ie

And probably lots more.

Back