Standard American Brass Co. Shares.

V

vlad

Hi Everyone,

My grandmother recently passed away and she left me a old share certificate that was handed down to her with the hope that it has some value. Basically i'm just interested if it has some value and what my options are.

The certificate is for $100 in the Standard American Brass Co, incorporated 1911,

From my limited research i have gathered:
-The American Brass Co. was purchased by the Anaconda Copper Co. in 1922 and merged into its existing brass productions.
-The Anaconda Copper Co. was then purchased by the Atlantic Richfield Co. (ARCO) in 1977.
-Apparently, Anaconda Copper Co, now only exists as an environmental liability for BP, the current owner of ARCO.

I know its a long shot, but any advice guys?

Thanks in Advance,
Vlad

Wow, that's an impressive history for a share certificate!

A few questions you need to answer first though. Firstly, who is on the share registrar? If it's your grandmother, then it's going to be quite difficult (and probably costly) to transfer ownership over to you. Secondly, it's worth finding out what the original share certificate translates to in BP shares. Your best bet for finding this out would be to go to the aforementioned share registrar. A bit of Googling has dug up contact details [broken link removed]. I would explain my situation to them, and see can they help in establishing whether there is any value in your share(s).

Interesting question, let us know how it goes.

Back