stamp duty changes backdated

eimear25

Does anyone know if the stamp duty changes are backdated to a certain time. We closed our sale of our new house on 2 november, the documents have been stamped but would have only been stamped a couple of weeks ago. It's €10k in the difference!

If your deeds were executed/stamped within the past 30 days, it would appear that you are due a refund.

This change will take effect in respect of instruments which are required to be presented to the Revenue Commissioners for stamping no later than 5 December 2007. Instruments which are executed in the 30 days prior to 5 December 2007 will therefore benefit from this change.

I think she narrowly missed out :-(

I think the cut-off is deeds closed/executed on-or-after Nov 5th.

Presentation/Stamping occurs after execution.

A deed must be presented to the Revenue Commissioners within 30 days of execution.

I think she narrowly missed out :-(

I think the cut-off is deeds closed/executed on-or-after Nov 5th.

Presentation/Stamping occurs after execution.

A deed must be presented to the Revenue Commissioners within 30 days of execution.

yeah that's what I originally thought, I'll wait and see what my solicitor says!

I'm waiting on word back from my solicitor too.
Closed on Nov 12th so hopefully will be getting about €11k back.

[broken link removed]for anyone else entitled to a refund

That form spells out the cut-off:

"APPLICATION FOR REPAYMENT OF STAMP DUTY IN RESPECT OF AN INSTRUMENT EXECUTED ON OR AFTER 5 NOVEMBER 2007"

our purchase deed would have been executed and dated on the 2nd of November so it looks like we've missed out by one day.

Holy Smokes!
we closed on the 7th of November and the deed would only have been stamped within the last month.
So it looks like we'll get about 5K back.
Does this have to go through your solicitor or can you apply directly to the revenue? I'm just thinking about him shaving off a grand or so in "fees" if that is the case!!

Sorry for anyone "grinched".

Perhaps the minister is up to speed now.

Back