Stamp Duty advice needed-FTB/non-FTB

Ally2004

Hi

I have just purchased a house in my own name but am changing the contracts as myself and my partner have decided to buy it, does anybody know if he purchases this property will he be liable for stamp duty this is my first property but his second, he has another apartment and has already paid stamp duty on it as it is rented out but with this property we will both be owner occupiers, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a mill

Re: Stamp Duty advise needed

As far as I know you will have to pay Stamp Duty since he's not a FTB...

this page should clarify things for you:

yep all buyers have to be first time buyers for your application to qualify as FTB..

A first-time buyer is defined as a person (or where there is more than one buyer, each person):
  • Who has not on any previous occasion, either individually or jointly, purchased or built on his/her own behalf a house in Ireland or abroad;

Thanks a mill for the reply's, but I thought all new houses were exempt from Stamp Duty if it was under a certain amount of square feet?

All new properties with a floor area of less than 125 square metres are exempt from stamp duty for all owner occupiers (regardless of FTB status).

Back