St Attracta Rd Cabra

Gordanus

single mother, very shy, looking to buy in this road - looks very rough to me. Anyone locally to give advise?

This area has improved alot over the past number of years. Lots of young professionals have bought up the old council houses as they became available...to the extent that some people know it now as Fabra rather than Cabra. I went to school around this area and worked around there too. Like any big area in Dublin there are going to be some problems but overall I think this is an up and coming place and would go for it.

Depends on what end of the road. The worst has always been and IMO it always will be the middle part of the road. If you stick to the end closer to the Connaught St/Dowth Avenue junction you'll be grand. The other end at the Fassaugh Ave/Quarry Road junction is not bad at the very start but it's the "gateway" to the middle.

I asked a local and they are not amused that you think the road looks rough. Appart from that there was not much of an answer, except that it is fine. A drug dealer living on the road met a sticky end a few months ago. They did not know about him untill it hit the news.

http://www.independent.ie/national-...yer-who-crossed-the-wrong-person-1088036.html

I don't know the area at all, but drove down there with her around 8 one evening - the road was very dirty, there were kids with very short haircuts out and quite a few teenagers hanging around. I'm afraid it just looked rough to me, and not at all the kind of place she came from which made me apprehensive as she is very shy and has a small child.

I don't know the area at all, but drove down there with her around 8 one evening - the road was very dirty, there were kids with very short haircuts out and quite a few teenagers hanging around. I'm afraid it just looked rough to me, and not at all the kind of place she came from which made me apprehensive as she is very shy and has a small child.

kids with short haircuts?? are you for real??

kids with short haircuts?? are you for real??

Posh kids often have more hair, it's true! I presume he means undernurished looking wee fellas with faces like they've been to war. Far too many of the poor mites in this city.

GF Been living on St Attracta's for 3 years.
Area is definately ok.
New Luas etc will mean this might be a great investment area for the future. Realy not sure what the hair issue is. The fashion police could be just as busy in Blackrock!!

I've lived on St Attracta Road for over 2 years and like it. I think the centre part of the road looks bad because the houses are so crowded - they are spread out more at the ends which makes those areas look better. There are lots of kids but they are no more trouble in most ways than anywhere else. My car has never been broken into: the same cannot be said of my sister who lives in Donnybrook whose car has been broken into 5 times in about 10 years....

Cabra is a great place to live, very central, good bus routes, lots of nice shops (Etherson's and Clarke's!!), easy to get to the M50...

A friend of mine bought there about 6 months ago, the GAA club side. She has had no difficulties at all & has found that a lot of young professionals are also living in the area. Whilst it is dark and as a previous poster pointed out it is quite overcrowded in the middle, she has found it to be very safe and quiet.

Hi,

I see that this thread hasn't been posted on in a while... I'm considering buying on St Attracta Road, up near the school end. Anyone know this part of the road well, and any comments? Thanks!

Try to move to cabra east. The houses are more expensive but its a quieter area by far!! Annaly Road, Offaly road Leix Road etc are all great roads and very quiet. If you dont mend me asking how much are you considering paying for the one you are looking at? Would you be willing to spend more to move to cabra east? circa euro 350,000?

Hi. No, definitely not in the current market I'm afraid! A good price in Cabra at the moment is somewhere between 190k and 250k, and I would definitely not go above this. 350k in Cabra is a pre-recession,Celtic Tiger,'rip off Ireland' price :) (sorry for the spleen vented there!)

Well for that price you are talking about Cabra WEST.. If you know the area you would know there east and west are WORLDS apart....

We have friends looking in Cabra East but nothing suitable has popped up. The ones for sale have very small gardens.

You must have taken your eye off the ball on the property market Mullingar, Cabra East has great value on offer right now. And you know, not everyone wants a large garden!

So what about these houses? These look pretty reasonable and in much better condition than the average houses in Cabra.

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

hi im trying to find out what has happened to an old aunt who lived on attracta road for many years.we lost touch with her a few years ago,unfortunatley i cant remember her married name,just maiden name.if anyone who has lived on this road most of their life can remember claire [maiden name dalton] her late huband was a policeman and her brother was patrick dalton she would be in her eighties now.

hi im trying to find out what has happened to an old aunt who lived on attracta road for many years.we lost touch with her a few years ago,unfortunatley i cant remember her married name,just maiden name.if anyone who has lived on this road most of their life can remember claire [maiden name dalton] her late huband was a policeman and her brother was patrick dalton she would be in her eighties now.
Hi Wor........hope you have luck in finding your aunt........try dublin.ie forum also as there are lots of people using the forum who would be living in Cabra for many years and may know her.

Back