SSIA Fund linked Accs- Opinions

monkeyboy

Hi all

My SSIA matured a while ago and I withdrew the sum while I decided what to do.
I left 1000 there and 1 payment of 100 has gone in since ie 1100e.
My balance on this is now 1089...I effectively lost 10% on this sum in a week!
I luckily had the rest of the cash on deposit over that period ( Id love to say I saw it coming ! )
I know why this happened and fully understand it. I feel that it is quite a good time to lodge my money back to this acc.
The 10% I feel is likely to recover over the next while or worst case if it drops further I lose (perhaps) what I would have lost if I never moved it.
I am happy to leave this sum tied up now for a few years so Im pretty ok with the idea of leaving it an indexed fund.

What do people reckon is it a good time to get back into an index linked fund?

A good time is when you need to invest ideally for the medium/long term. As mentioned elsewhere it's not timing the market but time in the market that counts. Timing the market is a mug's game.

Agreed

but now is a better time to do it than last week because of timing and by the other factor now is also a better time than in one year say, to maximise time IN as you say.

Not necessarily. Just because prices are lower this week doesn't necessarily make them better value or more likely to increase to a greater extent in the future.

Im simply indicating that I agree that time IN, is the no 1 factor, so to maximise this if not already in, Now is the best time, as you said.

With regards to timing of markets now is a better time than last week for obvious reasons regardless if they slip further, if you go in Now, you will not have esperienced ;last weeks dips prior to any ling term recovery.

Back