SSAP broker query

bappelbe

Hi
I have a Small Self Administered Pension, it currently owns a property and has some cash (rental income).
I am planning on buying an etf with some/most if the cash and putting the rental income into the etf (or other funds) in an ongoing basis.
Does anyone know of any pros or cons when choosing a broker? (ie online (degiro) vs a more traditional broker)
any advice on pitfalls would be appreciated

Thanks

Hello,

For something like this, I would want a "traditional" broker, working in conjunction with my Revenue Commissioners approved Pension Trustee.

That may not be the cheapest option, but it'll give you comfort that all pension and Revenue obligations are being met etc.

De giro don’t do pension accounts. It’s best to contact your pensioneer trustee and ask them what broker accounts can they open which will facilitate this type of investment.

If you are only looking for an execution service from these brokers then price will probably be the main concern for you.

You will be limited to brokerages that can provide the reporting that your SSAP Administrator needs. I was set up with Stocktrade in the UK, there didn't seem to be any other options. It's decent enough UI and market access but a bit pricey. I was hoping that Saxo Bank would become an option, as they have a great UI and prices afaik. I tried pushing for a setup with them but they just couldn't provide whatever was needed to the Administrators.

I'd be very interested to hear who you do get set up with!

Back