Squeaky Brakes

Squidward

I got a full service on my car about a month ago. The garage told me that they had to put new brake pads in the car and to take it easy on the brakes for the next few weeks. However, there is now a squeaking noise coming from the brakes whenever i brake gently. Is this normal with new brake pads ??

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers...

One of the reason (at 90%) is that they did not put any coppergrease onto the back of the pads....

The brakes will take time to bed in and heavy braking should be avoided for the first couple of hundred kilometres.

Could take a long time..... My wife's car has had squeaky brakes ever since front disks & pads have been changed 18 months ago!!!
It drives me nuts every time i drive her car....:mad:

My first ever car was one that I took over from my mother. She'd had the brake pads replaced, and the garage had used very poor ones. They squealed horribly for a good few years.

hi i recently had my my car serviced and brake pads were changed. When i got car back it took nearly 3weeks for them to tighten up. There ok now. If I was you I would keep breakin gently and brake in good time as I found hard to stop sometimes. Hope this helps.

If i was you, just take the car back to the garage
breaks shouldn't squeak, especially after getting new brakes

The right hand brake on my car was overheating and squeaking, 2 months after getting new discs and pads. the calibre was sticking

get them checked again -

Back