Springhill Park, Killiney or Mapas Rd Dalkey

homeseller

Hello,

Would really appreciate advice on either Springhill Park in Killiney or Mapas Road Dalkey.

We have 3 young children (3 boys under 3 - I know!) so schools are very important to us.

Thankyou for your advice.

We very much appreciate it.

Can't comment on either road but I'm from neighbouring Dun Laoghaire & I suspect you might have had to have your kids names down for local schools before now.

Both roads are fine. I would echo frash's point about putting names down for schools. I understand local schools are oversubscribed and you might have a very limited choice (or indeed need to go outside the area) if your children's names are not already down.

Last edited:
Mapas Rd is that bit closer to the dart, the sea, Dalkey village, restaurants, pubs, the church, shops.....

Mapas Rd is closer to Dalkey. 10 mins walk to the Dart. The green area in front of Mapas Rd is a hive of activity for kids. (climbing trees, kicking football etc)

Have you been into the houses for sale there yet ? DNG are off their heads if they think they'll get anything close to €650. The one across the road in €55k cheaper and in much better condition (but still requires full modernisation).

Not sure how well you know Mapas but there is planning permission in to build a detached 4 bed on the site of no. 9. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Definetly mapas...much nearer amenities and good solid houses....lots of children there too and a local shop and montesorri opposite the green.
Good luck.
E

Back