Spouse to declare rental income

‘’Through joint assessment rental income may be allocated between spouses on the form 11 in a way which is most beneficial to the taxpayer.Therefore is not required to be split evenly’’
That is so crazy - I wonder if there is anything I can do? It sounds a bit weak to go back to Revenue and say 'someone on the internet was told they could split it' but maybe that is my only option.
 
That is so crazy - I wonder if there is anything I can do? It sounds a bit weak to go back to Revenue and say 'someone on the internet was told they could split it' but maybe that is my only option.
One way or another, if a taxpayer makes a mistake with their taxes on foot of information provided by Revenue, Revenue will not accept that as a valid defence/excuse. If in doubt it's necessary to get independent advice from a relevant tax professional.
 
Just an update on this, although I am still not 100 percent on which way to go, we’re going for joint assessment this year
 
For 2025 the return has all rental income assigned to my wife as a lower 20% tax payer. 11 weeks awaiting a balancing statement to see if revenue agrees with what Millie has indicated in a previous post.
I will provide an update once they conclude that assessment
 
Back
Top