splitting up & mortgage

N

needhelp79

I bought a house with my boyfriend a few years ago, now i want to move out , why should i do now ? I m very clueless about this as I m not Irish .
I dont care what he does next with the house as I just want to move on with my life. I would have hoped to get some moneyback on all the expenses I made on renovating the house but i guess it would only be more difficult ? Please help me as I really want to move out and forget about this , thanks all for your help

Lets hope your boyfriend is as clueless! I think you should forget about this idea of moving out and forgetting all about it. Your house is worth less than when you bought it. Unless your boyfriend wants to keep the house on and buy you out for the original cost of the house leaving you debt free, the alternatives are not great. Can you give more details as you will receive greater in depth advice from some knowledgable people on here?

Please help me as I really want to move out and forget about this , thanks all for your help

Hi, unfortunately just walking away is not an option - you made a commitment to the mortgage provider that you need to resolve.

The question on what to do in these circumstances has been covered a number of times before, so try searching.

Did you enter into an agreement with your boyfriend on what would happend in these circumstances?

There are obviously options, but you would need to supply more info (house valuations, outstanding mortgage, details on whether partner can service full mortgage etc) to get a detailed response.

Ultimately though you need to talk to a solicitor - what does your boyfriend want to do?

Lets hope your boyfriend is as clueless! I think you should forget about this idea of moving out and forgetting all about it. Your house is worth less than when you bought it.quote]

Don't think we can say this without being provided with specifics.

To the OP you need to get a valuation done on your property and find out the balance on the mortgage you will also need to calculate how much each of you put into the house initially (Deposit,furnishings etc). It could be that you will be able to get some money back and then again it may cost you money depending on how much the house is worth versus how much to redeem the motgage.

thanks all for your advice.
He wants to keep the house, the value is higher than when we bought it but i dont care i just want to move out . I ve contacted the mortgage company but they didnt say much to be honest so I think i should go to a solicitor first . Do you know if i should go to the solicitor who arrange the purchase ? or can i change ? it s because that solicitor is a bit far away . and would you know how much it would cost to get this sorted out ? Thanks a lot for your precious help

Lets hope your boyfriend is as clueless! I think you should forget about this idea of moving out and forgetting all about it. Your house is worth less than when you bought it.

Don't be so presumptuous! Not everyone in the country is in negative equity.

thanks all for your advice.
He wants to keep the house, the value is higher than when we bought it but i dont care i just want to move out . I ve contacted the mortgage company but they didnt say much to be honest so I think i should go to a solicitor first . Do you know if i should go to the solicitor who arrange the purchase ? or can i change ? it s because that solicitor is a bit far away . and would you know how much it would cost to get this sorted out ? Thanks a lot for your precious help

You Can use any solictor you choose. Best to get the following before you go to them.

A Realistic valuation on your property at the moment (Try getting 2-3 Estate agents opinions, you may have to pay for these as your boyfriend wants to keep the property)

A Statement from the mortgage company you may have to request this in writing.

Also you should as far as you can make a list of all the money you have personally put into the property on furnishings and outlays as well as the initial deposit if you put any of this up. Your partner should do the same.

From the above you should be able to roughly calulate if you have any equity coming back to you or if you are in the position of negative equity.

Back