Split inheritance and tax

Poohead

my unle wants to leave my me or my son (his grand nephew) his house. Would it be better to leave or to me, my husband and both my children so that we will all get the tax exemption and pat less tax as opposed to only one of us getting the relief? Is a grand nephew class B or C for CAT?

What is the house valued at?
According to the Revenue website your husband and your children would be Group C and you would be Group B.

Can anyone tell me if a father includes three of his siblings and omits three of his siblings in his will where do they stand.

Do you mean his own siblings? There is no obligation on anyone to leave anything to their brothers or sisters...

Can anyone tell me if a father includes three of his siblings and omits three of his siblings in his will where do they stand.

Lovely family rows to be had here.

Legally they have no inheritence entitlement where he leaves a will. But they can apply for the will to be changed under Section 117 of the Succession Act. Generally a course of action fraught with difficulty, high costs, and no guarantee of success.

In my own family my father has threated to disinherit one of us, we're not sure which one, he's cantankerous so we've agreed to just split it (the vast fortune !) between us evenly.

my unle wants to leave my me or my son (his grand nephew) his house. Would it be better to leave or to me, my husband and both my children so that we will all get the tax exemption and pat less tax as opposed to only one of us getting the relief? Is a grand nephew class B or C for CAT?

Around what ages are your children.

Lovely family rows to be had here.

Legally they have no inheritence entitlement where he leaves a will. But they can apply for the will to be changed under Section 117 of the Succession Act. Generally a course of action fraught with difficulty, high costs, and no guarantee of success.

In my own family my father has threated to disinherit one of us, we're not sure which one, he's cantankerous so we've agreed to just split it (the vast fortune !) between us evenly.
I have been told that if you go to contest a family will that the cost come out of the estate is that true as i know the three in the family are inheriting all will not divide the money from the estate.

I have been told that if you go to contest a family will that the cost come out of the estate is that true as i know the three in the family are inheriting all will not divide the money from the estate.

This is sooooooooooooooooo not true. You'd need a good reason to contest.

Here is the million dollar question

Why. Did. He. Do. it?

There is usually a reason:

1. Because he was coerced, pressurised, etc.,etc
2. Because he wanted to.
3. Because there was a fine , good reason

mf

No three daughters are selling house and taking everything leaving three with nothing.We haven't even seen the will

Back