Splashback / Tiles for Kitchen

S

Smileygal

My partner and I are in our apartment (new build) almost two years and we still haven't gotten around to putting tiles behind our sink and cooker in our kitchen (very lazy I know :eek:) - we're now trying to remedy it as the walls are getting a bit grubby looking.

We're thinking of getting stainless steel splashbacks custom-cut at a steel merchants (very cheap according to previous posts) - however, the area behind our sink is kind of L-shaped due to the size of the presses, and I'm worried our measurements won't be precise enough for the steel to fit exactly into the space! Any suggestions? I really won't be able to look at it if it isn't done properly!

We've also been looking at stainless steel mirror tiles which look really well, but are a bit expensive according to our research. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything similar that might not cost as much? I know they'd be the devil to clean but the finish is fantastic.

Any suggestions welcome - we just want to avoid boring old cream tiles if possible!

there are some great deals on tiles around at the moment but why dont you get a steel fabricator to measure and install the splash back . theres a guy on the beach road in sandymount at the east link bridge end, beside the star office shop

We got lovely coloured glass mosaic tiles from b&q .They have them in a range of colours and are gorgeous up.Lots of compliments!!
I got the idea from one of those home makeover programs on RTE.
However we bought the tiles in b&q in Sprucefield where they were just over half the price compared to Dublin.

What's the best way to get grease off a steel splashback?

Use an e-cloth. They are fabulous, and you don't need chemicals. My stainless steel splashback is spotless all the time since I started using one of these.

If you want to get steel , glass ect cut ,you can make a template from stiff paper,card,hardboard.For a splash back I would use heavy lining paper.You can then get a price from suppliers off the template.Be warned though if you give measurements or templates and they are wrong you are liable for any errors.Therefore ;Template and get prices,chose supplier,get them to take final measure,get it fitted,feet up ,admire kitchen

If you want to get steel , glass ect cut ,you can make a template from stiff paper,card,hardboard.For a splash back I would use heavy lining paper.You can then get a price from suppliers off the template.Be warned though if you give measurements or templates and they are wrong you are liable for any errors.Therefore ;Template and get prices,chose supplier,get them to take final measure,get it fitted,feet up ,admire kitchen
sweet

Back