Spirit Of Ireland . . Energy Alternative . .

I love the idea and concept. Does anyone know the next steps to get this beyond concept. Is there funduning, planning, resources, political backing etc.

I love the idea and concept of winning the lotto. The next step could be the more difficult part though.

irisheconomy.ie has a good post about it.

It strikes me a bit snake oil at the moment. No details, just apple pie stuff that no one would argue with ( jobs, green energy, zero carbon, energy independence etc..)

Should note that Prof. Walton is a campaigner for nuclear energy [broken link removed]
His father Ernest Walton won a Nobel prize for physics.
"Play the ball, not the man"

"Play the ball, not the man"
I don't think I can be accused of playing the man. I merely wished to point out that he has a position in the debate rather than being a neutral commentator. Also that he is should know what he's talking about when it comes to nuclear energy!

I don't think I can be accused of playing the man. I merely wished to point out that he has a position in the debate rather than being a neutral commentator. Also that he is should know what he's talking about when it comes to nuclear energy!
ok fair enough

I love the idea and concept of winning the lotto. The next step could be the more difficult part though.

I assume then you buy a ticket and have the chance of winning. Volunteer your services and support this becoming a reality!

Spirit of Ireland Lecture

For anyone that is interested Graham O’Donnell and Prof. Igor Shvets will be making a presentation outlining the Spirit of Ireland Project in the Minerva Suite of the RDS on October 22 at 6.00pm.

As some of you may know already the project outlines that by harnessing our natural resources Ireland can achieve energy independence within five years, save billions on the importation of fossil fuels among many other advantages. The lecture is free of charge and open to the public but booking is essential due to limited capacity. All you need to do to book is email [email protected]

http:///www.rds.ie/cat_event_detail.jsp?itemID=709

Could always go Nuclear of course.
Nuclear is not renewable because it relies on Uranium ore and is too expensive because decommissioning costs are astronomical. The World still hasn't worked out what to do with the waste either - or are we just going to dump it all in Mayak?

Back