Speeding van

Julieg

I know this is stupid but today I was doing between 80 and 90 kmph in an 80 zone, saw a speed van a slowed straight down! Just wondering when and how i will receive my fine and points?

7 to 10 days through the post for the notification alleging the offence. You then have 28 days to either appear in court or pay the piper and take the points.

I know this is stupid but today I was doing between 80 and 90 kmph in an 80 zone, saw a speed van a slowed straight down! Just wondering when and how i will receive my fine and points?

From my experience, the vans are not "always on", so dont worry about it until you get it.

saying that - I passed by one on the Lucan bypass a few days ago - I'll probably know in the next day or 2 if it was on or not!

Your speedometer may read your speed a little higher than your actual speed. So say 86km/h on your speedometer may be 80km/h to the speed van. So it's possible you may be ok if your speedometer wasn't reading too much above 80.

From my experience, the vans are not "always on", so dont worry about it until you get it.

saying that - I passed by one on the Lucan bypass a few days ago - I'll probably know in the next day or 2 if it was on or not!

How long will it take to get it in the post do you know?

Back