Speeding Ticket - Wrong Info

Peanuts

I was stopped for speeding by a Guard a few weeks back and received the fixed charge notice in today’s post. My surname is spelt incorrectly in the notice even though I gave the guard my license at the time of the offense. Anybody know if there is any point in contesting?

The Judge will ask if you accept your car was detected at that speed, your answer will be yes, next question will be were you driving the car....pay the fine.

The Judge will ask if you accept your car was detected at that speed, your answer will be yes, next question will be were you driving the car....pay the fine.

Yeah, figured that would be the case, you hear stories about people getting off on 'technicalities' so thought it was worth asking. Its the 3 points more than the fine that's troubling me.

Yes, not sure what you're suggesting.
Not suggesting anything as you obviously got the post. It's just that you hear of so many not getting that particular letter in the post, guess you're one of the lucky ones, or unlucky in your case though.

Hold on a second . . . . . back in the day I received a summons for being "found-on" a licensed premises after licensing hours. My name was spelled incorrectly and I did not go to court. I refused the summons (awkward character that I am). Others found-on the same night appeared in court and were fined. I never heard anything since.

The moral of the story is that if your name is spelled incorrectly, don't accept the summons. But, you did - i.e. you accepted ownership of the problem. Pay up.

I'd imagine that by reading the summons and seeing your name spelt incorrectly, that would indicate you did indeed get the summons. Get you down to the law shop and be paying what is due to the populance. ;)

Back