Speeding Fine in Hired Car

Thinfield

I just received a fixed charge offence letter for speeding whilst in a hired car on a recent visit home. I live in the UK.
No real issue with the 80 Euro fine but could really do without the proposed 2 penalty points.
Is it really possible for those to be transferred onto my UK Driving Licence?
By the way, they've also got my christian name wrong on the notice...

Ya they can it happend to a mate of mine. Dont think the spelling issue is a problem .

Ya they can it happend to a mate of mine. Dont think the spelling issue is a problem .

It's not a spelling mistake. It's the wrong first name.
So, did your mate have to send his UK Driving Licence to Ireland to have the points added?

They can't add points to a UK licence. Just send them the details, do not send the actual licence.

They can't add points to a UK licence. Just send them the details, do not send the actual licence.
Thanks for the good news - hopefully.
Is your knowledge / experience based on recent information, as there seems to be some suggestion that reciprocol arrangements were being considered between Ireland and the UK?

There's a reciprocal arrangement between Northern Ireland and the Republic (I believe, but I'm happy to be corrected) but not between mainland UK and ROI.

To be honest im not sure but he said he got points on his anyway. Regarding the wrong first name well maybe you have a case there not sure .

There are no reciprocal agreements regarding points between the UK/NI and the republic.
There are regarding driving bans however.

If AGS has sent a speeding notice to the UK how are they going to enforce it? Personally I would ignore it.

Just to let people know how this finally turned out. I spoke to the Fixed Charge Processing Office who confirmed that, at present, they cannot physically apply the points to a UK licence. What's more, as the notice carried the wrong christian name, they decided to cancel the notice altogether! I'm well into bonus territory there - an early Christmas present....

Back