Spain Car Hire and Booster Seats

SOM42

Heading to Murcia at the end of September and have been looking at car hire. Prices seem fairly keen with most providers but the problem is we will need two baby/booster seats and most companies appear to be charging aound €10 per day per seat which adds €140 to the price. It seems a bit much to pay €70 rental for a seat that doesn't cost much more than that. Anyone have any experience of car hire firms that don't charge that much?

Get an instant quote from doyoupain, book it if you want with no booking fee and without giving cc details, and cancel without penalty up to 24 hours of collection if you find anything cheaper.

In my experience of car hire places all over. Booster/child seats were in a very poor state, usually dirty, and they didn't always have them when you arrive. So we brought our own baby seat (its part of the buggy anyway) and bought a booster when we got there.

If you travel with Aer Lingus, just carry it on with you.
I did this when we went to Malaga last month and nobody said anything. We also carried all of our usual 'carry on' luggage. I have seen others do simialr.

If you are traveling Ryanair, then forget about bringing it never mind your Dunnes Stores Club card in your wallet as they will fine you for unnecessary extra luggage weight.

Get an instant quote from doyoupain, book it if you want with no booking fee and without giving cc details, and cancel without penalty up to 24 hours of collection if you find anything cheaper.

Thanks demoivre, that looks like a very competitive site price wise and only €36 per child seat. Have you personally used this company? I have heard there are alot of cowboys in Spanish car hire business and don't want to end up with a lemon!

Thanks Bonafide, thats a great suggestion but my two are just a little bit too small for a booster just yet. Seems like a great idea for the future though.

SOM42, do you mind me asking what rental companies you have looked at? We're going to Murcia at the end of August and need to book a car and baby seat, to date murciacar.com looks best for us.
Thanks
fandango1

Thanks demoivre, that looks like a very competitive site price wise and only €36 per child seat. Have you personally used this company?

Yep several times from Malaga and once from Seville. doyouspain are essentially brokers for several car hire companies, such as Aurigacrown, Gold car etc., but I have found them to be consistently the cheapest.

SOM42, do you mind me asking what rental companies you have looked at? We're going to Murcia at the end of August and need to book a car and baby seat, to date murciacar.com looks best for us.
Thanks
fandango1

Looked at everyone really. Was hoping to go with one of the more reputable companies (Hertz/Avis/Europcar etc) but they are all looking for around €70 for a babyseat. Doyouspain looks like it could be a winner.

Back