Sound proofing quote - too much?

Tarquin

Im toying with the idea of getting sound proofing put in our house. One company have quoted €6,200 and use iso strip t, which I know is the best (and most expensive) on the market. The quote includes all work, right down to repainting the walls. I would ideally like to sound proof only two rooms but have been researching this aspect and it seems in some cases, doing one or two rooms may not be enough to block out sound or can even make it worse.

I searched the forums to see if anyone has put in sound proofing, particularly iso strip t and how much it cost, apologies if I missed them.

I am not sure if I would go ahead with this as its more than I would want to spend. Another company quoted 3k but dont use iso stripe t, I think they use the stuff you insulate your attic with. We dont have major problems with noise, the main one we have is the neighbours tv's in their kitchen and living room, travels right into our bedrooms (both TVs are against the dividing walls). Its only been happening the last few months, we think they had TVs by their outer walls and moved them, to our discomfort. No parties or loud music going on, I know it could be worse.

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

Back