Sorry about the break in service yesterday

Ah, Math!!!! In all fairness!!!! A trip down south, time spent in the company of modest people, a feed of tripe and drisheen and a few pints of Beamish and you wouldn't ever want to go home again... ;)

Sure. Make the cheque payable to Brendan Burgess
and send it to 7 FArney Park, Sandymount Dublin 4

I don't have a bank account with the name askaboutmoney.com so I would not be able to lodge a cheque to it.

brendan

For those of us who have internet banking and now that you can make payments from personal accounts to other accounts why don't you give out the name, sort code and account no to which to transfer money to. Cheaper than a cheque.

Interesting idea Bronte.

I know that no one can use the information to extract money. But could they use the information to try to extract money and waste a lot of my time trying to cancel Direct Debits?

Brendan

Interesting idea Bronte.

I know that no one can use the information to extract money. But could they use the information to try to extract money and waste a lot of my time trying to cancel Direct Debits?

Brendan

Suppose this is a question that should be posted in the correct thread? ;)

Have stopped shaking from the lack of access, refresh button is worn out. A small donation is on way also.

Interesting idea Bronte.

Brendan

Don't know what you mean by DD's but you can set up a current account just for this purpose, and immediately money comes in you take it out to another account if you have fear of people extracting money. Where I am nobody uses cheques, even the plumber/gardener/electrician/hospital I pay by bank transfer.

Perhaps the break in service was a blessing in disguise Brendan, as you might get enough donations now to cover the €2k.

HI Bronte

Some scammer could set up a direct debit with the information.

I think that the banks just accept them automatically.

When I notice the wrong debit, I would tell the bank and get it back.

Maybe I am being paranoid.

Brendan,

Maybe you could set up a seperate account, and where requested PM the details to frequest 'trusted posters' and anybody else can use an alternative payment method?

Not a bad idea MANTO, of course the assumption would have to be though that the frequent posters are trustworthy ;)

thanks

But I don't think that the Frequent Posters donate frequently enough to justify a separate bank account.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will PM any frequent poster who wants them, my bank account details.

Brendan

Brendan,

Pretty sure Jeremy Clarkson did a piece in the English papers a while back and puvlished his account deails saying "no-one can steal my money, it's perfectly safe etc....". Some smart-ass set up a DD to a charity using his info. My advice, don't publish your account details!

K

Does a donation get any special treatment or rights for members ? Theres a widespread perception of heavy censorship and ''no warning'' bans on this site apart from a core clique who have been members forever. It seems there has been such a high ban rate that a substantial number of passionate and quite possibly donating members have been alienated and driven away. Therefore before I would make a substantial donation I would like to know that my opinion and the existence of my account would be respected if I gave my viewpoint on something which mods disagreed about. Until that time comes I will post here whenever I have a clear question however will never engage in any banter.

So are you suggesting millionaire that in return for your substantial donation you would like to be able to ignore the posting guidelines since they trammel your passionate nature? Nothing quite like posting aspersions anonymously without giving any basis for those aspersions to make you seem like a genuine soul. :rolleyes: Insofar as I have seen, there are rules, those who step over those are warned and if they persist the ultimate response is to ban them. They may be "passionate" in some cases - though what value that is is debatable - but anecdotally, from my own time on this forum, they are generally in the wrong. As for special treatment for donors, I neither anticipate nor expect any.

millionare, thank you for your large donation. so-crates now banned for 1 month as you requested.

Also we have written to the OED to request that they correct the spelling of your name.

Back