Soon to be Unemployed /what are main benifits available

rheinie

A friend of mine is soon to become Unemployed after 30years.He will probably not work again (late 50s ) so little chance of getting work again.I am trying to but together a list of the various Benefits etc .available for him from the information available on this Board .I am trying to put this together in a structured way so that he can follow it through in various stages from the time he becomes unemployed right through the various stages.As he is not very computer literate I dont think there is much point at this stage asking him to look up the Threads available ( but I am willing to do this for him and perhaps print information and make it available to him).Is it possible that some one could guide me through this so that I can get this started from the begining and the follow on process of becoming Unemployed. Thanks

You could have a look at www.welfare.ie and click on the section for jobseeker supports - that will give you an overview for your friend.

Bear in mind though that the criteria for qualifying for some benefits has been changed since yesterday's budget so the pages may not be 100% up to date yet.

Back