Sony Stephens Green 'Sale'

bren1916

Walked into the shop beside the Shelbourne earlier this morning as they had 'Sale' signs plastered al over the front of the shop.
Looking to buy a Sony 32" TV I noticed the 'Reduced Sale' price was €9 dearer than another Sony outlet in Swords.When I mentioned this to the salesman - I was greeted with - "Well I'm not sellin it any cheaper and it's only a tenner anyway" :eek:

What planet are these guys living on??
Suffice to say I walked out and will be spending my €549 in Swords..

Still flabbergasted....

Reality has not hit yet. They must have gotten too used to staff from Anglo dropping in during lunch to spend their bonuses on the latest home entertainment systems. Well sorry Sony lads, last December was the last time your neighbors are going to get bonuses.

The Sony stores are a bizzare bunch, certain ones are linked. The one in Stephens Green isn't linked to the one in Liffey Valley and is generally cheaper.

The Sony stores are a bizzare bunch, certain ones are linked. The one in Stephens Green isn't linked to the one in Liffey Valley and is generally cheaper.

Some of the Sony stores are owned by Peats, some are not.

I have a Sony camcoder and my mother in law lost the cradle for it to transfer files to my computer.

I went into that store and they quoted my 190:eek:

The guy started laughing and gave the part number to try and get cheaper elsewhere.

Which i did 72 euro delivered from Miami:D

Walked into the shop beside the Shelbourne earlier this morning as they had 'Sale' signs plastered al over the front of the shop.
Looking to buy a Sony 32" TV I noticed the 'Reduced Sale' price was €9 dearer than another Sony outlet in Swords.When I mentioned this to the salesman - I was greeted with - "Well I'm not sellin it any cheaper and it's only a tenner anyway" :eek:

What planet are these guys living on??
Suffice to say I walked out and will be spending my €549 in Swords..

Still flabbergasted....

better yet why dont u go to Currys and buy a 32" samsung for €480

Last edited:
Cos I like to buy Irish and Samsung are brutal IMO ;)

Irish?

I always though Samsung are decent enough for the price. I don't have one, but when you see them in the store the imagie quality is decent compared to some other "better" brands.

Samsung and Sony are manufactured in same factory with same basic engine... Im told.
Basically same product except label.

Samsung and Sony are manufactured in same factory with same basic engine... Im told.
Basically same product except label.

correct - I lived beside the factory in South Korea

What do you mean by engine?

They have 2 versions petrol and deisel!
Seroiusly it just a metaphor for a working electronic assembly that 'drives' the overall system.

I assumed that whats you were talking about, but wondered why no mention of the panel. Which is more important for IQ. No?

Back