Sony HT IS-100 cinema system

mosstown

I had ordered a new TV, Sony KDL40W4500 and the Sony DAVIS50 cinema system from my local Sony store at the beginning of January. They phoned yesterday to say they cannot get any of the IS 50's for over a month of more, some problem with manufacturers.
Anyway they have offered me a HT IS100 system instead at no extra cost or I can have a refund. My question is should i take the HT IS100 which doesn't have a DVD player and then buy a separate DVD player to go with it or should i take a refund and go elsewhere to get a IS 50 system.
Grateful for guidance on which would be the best option to take, or indeed maybe buy a different brand of cinema system maybe ?
thanks in advance. mosstown.

I have the 40w4500 too, you're not going to be disappointed. :)

Have they no offer on at the moment with free blu-ray player? I got one free & was in Sony Centre Dundrum within last 2 weeks and they still had the same deal on.

If there is a free blu-ray player then you won't need the dvd player as part of the home cinema system.

went back to Sony and getting the HT IS100 for £299 and a BDP S350 blu ray player for £99 so happy enough with that. should receive everything in the next two weeks and they will set it up for free too.

Back