SONY 40W4000 TV Problem at 10 days old

marty004

Hi Folks,
Well my new Sony "Turbo Charged" TV (10 days old!!!) is starting to go on the blink. There have been clicking noises coming from the back of the unit when watching the tv and when in standby mode. The screen is now appearing to show a strobe light effect(which seems to be intermittent). When we turn the tv off and back on the problem can go away for a few hours then come back again.

Yes 10 days old - please tell me I should legally be able to get a brand new replacement and that they wont try and take it away and fix it.

Would like to know before I ring the store to what my rights really are.

Kind Regards,
Marty.

Had a different problem with a previous tv and when they took it away and fixed (€300) the problem then one problem lead to another. Definitely don't want to go that route again and will be requesting a new replacement straight away.

I wouldn't want to say.
Anyway I rang the store in question and they said it should be ok to get a replacement as long as there is a definite problem (fair enough). They have never heard of thisi tv having any problems and wondered was it something to do with sky rather than the tv. So I turned the sky box off and on and we haven't had the problem since so I guess I will just keep an eye out if the problem re-occurs.
Thanks!

I think you should edit the title of the post to reflect the outcome.

Otherwise you are giving the impression that Sony products are faulty

Back