Something prickly for garden fence

Jane Doe

Does anyone know what could be placed along top of a garden fence to keep kids off it. Is there any prickly thing like holly that will remain prickly for a while even when cut off from any feed.

This is for a friend of mine who has spent a lot of money ona fence and kids keep pulling out of it an trying to climb it

You can get these in hardware suppliers in Dublin.I was told 2.2m wall/ fence minimum height and warning signs.

You can get these in hardware suppliers in Dublin.I was told 2.2m wall/ fence minimum height and warning signs.
My friend is not allowed to use those in case the spolied brats that can climb her fence would be hurt

What happens if they just throw a jacket, or something like that, over the area they want to climb - and they continue on their jolly way? I thought that paint solution sounded brilliant, but it's also very easy to overcome. IMO, one should be allowed to have barbed wire, broken glass - whatever it takes - to deter anybody who is not invited/welcome to invade one's privacy. Bah Humbug :mad:

Something like climbing roses will do the trick but like all natural solutions it will take some years for them to grow to an effective height. Kids may just have grown up by then. No chance to talk with the parents?

Something like climbing roses will do the trick but like all natural solutions it will take some years for them to grow to an effective height. Kids may just have grown up by then. No chance to talk with the parents?
if theyhad proper parent they would not do it in first place. brought up like dogs

Something prickly for your fence - tie a Pat Rabbite to it

otherwise Pyracantha.

Shows how mixed up the world is where you can't put protection along your own property in case a nuisance child or a burglar might injure themselves.

I think the paint sounds like a good idea. Although you will probably get sued for new clothes by the parents.

"if they had proper parent they would not do it in first place. brought up like dogs"

This is way over the top. Even perfectlly reared children are wont to commit the capital offence of climbing a fence!

Back