something different for a little girl

Traceybere

hey,

I'm looking for an idea for something different for my little girls birthday - she will be 7 in two weeks.

After Christmas her room is jam packed with toys, dolls and games. I want to get her something that's not going to cost the earth or take up a lot of space and something - well special I guess. I know, I know i'm not asking for a lot - but any ideas would be really appreciated :)

Thanks

Would a small pet (goldfish, gerbil, mouse or budgie) be out of the question? They don't cost a lot to buy, and there is minimal care. Failing that, perhaps you would consider "adopting" an animal, as in the scheme run by Dublin Zoo: [broken link removed].

Or, if she is into crafts at all, maybe some knitting or stitching supplies, or an art project. Check out the Art & Hobby shop for craft kits - you may find something that you and she can make together, which would make it extra special.

Bought lots of toys for our grandchild over the Christmas but the one that she is getting the most enjoyment out of was a potato head type charachter with real grass that grows on it's head. She can then pretend that she is a hairdresser and every week there is a fresh head to cut. We purchased it at the Powerscourt Garden Pavilion at Powerscourt in Enniskerry.

When up there you can also stock up with your spring garden plants and have a nice lunch in the Avoca Cafe in the main building.

Now there's something to do this weekend?

Hello Traceybere!!!

What about a horse riding lesson!? I was out with an old friend last week and she has an equestrian centre- I was hoping to do the same for my neice for her bday and wanted to see if they'd take a five year old. They would (though 5 is the limit), but my SIL thinks my neice is a little too much of a scared-y cat for it... I thought it was a great idea, the only problem being, if she really likes it, its an expensive hobby to upkeep!!

:D

Would a small pet (goldfish, gerbil, mouse or budgie) be out of the question? They don't cost a lot to buy, and there is minimal care. Failing that, perhaps you would consider "adopting" an animal, as in the scheme run by Dublin Zoo: [broken link removed].

Or, if she is into crafts at all, maybe some knitting or stitching supplies, or an art project. Check out the Art & Hobby shop for craft kits - you may find something that you and she can make together, which would make it extra special.

We went the pet route already - two dogs and 6 goldfish later I think were all petted out :)

Like the idea of crafts - might check and see what is out there - thanks

Bought lots of toys for our grandchild over the Christmas but the one that she is getting the most enjoyment out of was a potato head type charachter with real grass that grows on it's head. She can then pretend that she is a hairdresser and every week there is a fresh head to cut. We purchased it at the Powerscourt Garden Pavilion at Powerscourt in Enniskerry.

When up there you can also stock up with your spring garden plants and have a nice lunch in the Avoca Cafe in the main building.

Now there's something to do this weekend?

They thats a sweet idea thanks

Hello Traceybere!!!

What about a horse riding lesson!? I was out with an old friend last week and she has an equestrian centre- I was hoping to do the same for my neice for her bday and wanted to see if they'd take a five year old. They would (though 5 is the limit), but my SIL thinks my neice is a little too much of a scared-y cat for it... I thought it was a great idea, the only problem being, if she really likes it, its an expensive hobby to upkeep!!

:D

Not sure I could afford to keep up the horse thing :) but could you PM me the details and i'll have a look - thanks x

what about something like a little greenhouse (the ones that have the zip at the front and some shelving in them). you could then ask your daughter to choose what she would like to grow, buy the little seeds and then together you can both sow them, feed them and watch them grow. I know not every child is into flowers, etc but we did this with our little girl and it worked out brilliantly and loves the responsibility of her little greenhouse. all in all the greenhouse, trays and seeds only costed 55 euro and it was a welcome change from toys.

Back