Anything would be better than what is out there now. I explained the "3 way switch" from the other thread to a few people after work last week. They fell into cohorts of:
- Those who didnt know you could switch a mortgage, ever
- Those who didnt know you could have a mortgage without having your entire day-to-day banking with said bank
- Those who didnt know what their current rate was
- Those who didnt think it was worth the hassle, even after I told them I made E18,000 cashback
- Those who are in negative equity and can't switch
- One lad who has a Spanish mortgage at 0.7% and laughed when I said 2.6% was a good rate!