solicitors witholding monies

I

ibsen

my mother died last july and my sister and myself are the sole inheritors.We have received monies due from the sale of the house but are still awaiting monies from my mothers bank account and shares which we feel are being held onto for far too long.is it possible to do anything about this.phone calls are ignored promises are regularly made and we feel we are being treated in an arrogant and contempteous way.our money is being held from while it accrues interest in this creeps bank account.we have heard on good authority from a member this persons staff that this noble human being is dragging his heels.any suggestions on how to deal with (edited by CCOVICH) like this ?

Go sit in his reception area and refuse to leave until he gives you a date for when you'll recieve the money

Hi ibsen, welcome to AAM.

Despite your frustration, please keep you posts civil. Have a read of the Posting Guidelines (link at the top of the forum).

There may be a more procedural way to go about this, but RainyDay's idea seems like a fine one to me.

1. It is quite normal for estates to take up to a year to process. You say your mother died last July, and you already have received sale proceeds of the house. You are not doing too badly.

2. You are entitled to interest on any money held by a solicitor on your behalf if it exceeds €100 ( the interest). So holding the money to make interest on it is unlikely to be motivating your solicitor.

Go sit in his reception area and refuse to leave until he gives you a date for when you'll recieve the money

Bad, bad advice which is is likely to generate only confrontation and further stress for the OP if acted upon.

Back