Solicitors in Cork, when buying a house.

2Keano

hey ppl,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend solicitors when buying a house. Going through the big ring for the first time, and would like it to go as smoothly as possible !

Thx in advance

Re: Solicitors in Cork

You are not confined to Cork, if youare prepared to travel outside you can make real savings. Largely depends on what you want to do. You certainly shoulg be able to get the transaction done for less than .0075% plus vat and outlay.
Good luck

Thanks for the info.
So anyone recommend a good solicitor ?

I remember a long time ago there was a post on the site, with some info on this, but for the life of me i can't find it.

You are not confined to Cork, if youare prepared to travel outside you can make real savings. Largely depends on what you want to do. You certainly shoulg be able to get the transaction done for less than .0075% plus vat and outlay.
Good luck

Now that's real value for money. On a purchase of €450000 that would be a solicitors fee of €33.75. :rolleyes:

"On a purchase of €450000 that would be a solicitors fee of €33.75."

Rip off! and I suppose you have to pay VAT on that!

mf

ok lads, stop hijacking the thread ;)

Info needed, not commentary :p

For my own house is used

Carmel Howard of
Edward Carey & Co
Malboro Street
Cork

Swift and effecient, and as solicitors go, quite friendly!

*I have now, nor ever had any affiliation with this company. A client of hers, that is all.*

John Henchion & Co. The Bakehouse, Waterloo Road, Blarney, Co.Cork, phone: 021-4382870 fax: 021-4382876

I have used him for 3 property transactions - as my wife is related to him!!

Eoin

hey ppl,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend solicitors when buying a house. Going through the big ring for the first time, and would like it to go as smoothly as possible !

Thx in advance

A friend of mine used A. OSullivan Solicitors in Ballincollig and found her brilliant for cutting through the redtape, etc

Michael Enright Solicitors - 9 Sheares Street - 4278200

Found this Solicitor very good. Has time for the small guy.

Try Myra Dineen, 65 South Main St., Bandon. Tel:023 42582 or e-mail [email protected].
She has been ours for the past few years, used to be with Barry Galvin, Cork, and is now set up on her own.
Business welcome and you will get great attention as she is still building up a client base.

great stuff ! I'm just waiting to hear back onthe affordable homes now. Been approved for the mortgage and just waiting for certificate of approval from EBS before getting back onto the county council. sent in the the initial "approval in principal form" which the council needed to get the ball rolling.

A also did a small bit of a ring around, and you do get a discount of lawers fee's if they know you are going for affordable housing also. Anything which cuts down the cost is always welcome !! :cool:

Hi 2Keano,

Just wondering if you have actually been allocated a house from the county council? I sent in my "approval in principle" a couple of months ago, and had my interview with the council 2 weeks ago, and have heard nothing back since. Just wondering if they have started allocating houses yet....

In the end I went with Annette O'Sullivan in Ballincollig, and have found her to be of great help so far. I tried one crowd (Edward Carey & Co) inside in Cork city first, but they were busy when I rang, and took my contact details and never rang back, so dropped them like a hot potato and haven't looked back since.

Annette gave out a little document for what you needed to do, and was very quick responding to many questions via email so I'm happy to recommend her.

Looking forward to getting the process finalised now and getting the keys !

Woohoo, should hopefully be getting the keys next week all going well.

Long drawn out process, but I'm happy with the end result.

Homeownership here I come !

Used Carol Hickey ([broken link removed]) in Passage West a year ago, found her very helpful and professional.

Back