Solicitor to assist with overholding tenant

Queen St Bribie

Hi We require a solicitor to undertake the following:

1. review of our PRTB application ( its been in 15 months, no word other than ack of receipt )
2. Advice and consultancy
3. Future services as the PRTB process requires.

Apartment in Santry, we need to sell or substantially renovate, can no longer sustain well below market rents. Tenant is however paying monthly rent.

Please PM details, many thanks

1. review of our PRTB application ( its been in 15 months, no word other than ack of receipt )
Just be careful with this approach. Public bodies don’t respond any quicker to solicitors so save yourself some serious money and write the remainders yourself.

Public bodies don’t respond any quicker to solicitors

I doubt this applies as a general rule. Even if it did, professionally written correspondence is far more likely to get a useful response (see more below).

so save yourself some serious money and write the remainders yourself.
OP is asking where to get legal advice and there is merit in getting it.

It’s remarkably easy for a landlord to get tripped up on legal obligations. A cynic might say that it’s designed that way in purpose.

I used a solicitor once for a routine rental issue and it was worth it. He clearly had access to Law Society template letters that were thorough. The letter he drafted was much better than my own attempt, and I have a reasonably good knowledge of tenancy law.

I doubt this applies as a general rule. Even if it did, professionally written correspondence is far more likely to get a useful response (see more below).
I can’t speak for the PTRB, but having worked in the public sector for many years, it’s my experience that all correspondence is treated the same, regardless of who sends it.
OP is asking where to get legal advice and there is merit in getting it.

Agreed. My previous reply was in relation to the specific suggestion that a solicitor was required to issue a reminder to respond to a particular request.

2. Advice and consultancy
3. Future services as the PRTB process requires.

Apartment in Santry, we need to sell or substantially renovate, can no longer sustain well below market rents. Tenant is however paying monthly rent.

Please PM details, many thanks
What is your RTB application? Is it the notice of termination? On what basis?

You don't need a solicitor for the RTB.

Back