Dublin Solicitor recommendation.

keegan1

Hi. Can anyone reccomend a good solicitor to use when buying a house. Prefarably in the city centre. I sold my house a while back through a particular solicitor but was not happy with the service(mainly that I could never get to speak to the solicitor, only his secretary). Thanks

Re: Solicitor reccomendation

Corrigan & Corrigan Solicitors, 3 St Andrew St, Dublin 1 or 2 not sure.
Guy we used David Murphy. V thorough. No affiliation.

sorry I should have said. I'm in Dublin. I called the above solicitor. I didnt get a great vibe from him. His charges in total were just over €3300. A bit expensive I'm thinking(that didnt include land registry charges if they apply)

I'm tempted to suggest that mf1 or vanilla will do it for far less than that.........they love to haggle :)

I can only speak for myself - Vanilla, yesser on your own, girl! - but my patience has been sorely tried in recent times by tyre kickers - of whom there are far too many.

I have a fixed price below which I most adamantly will not go - close to Corrigans - for whom, may I say, I have the highest regard having had some very difficult cases with them, made much easier by the professionalism of that office.

mf

What is wrong with tyre kicking mf1?

Are you not allowed to do this with the "professions"? :(

Does it not reflect declines in income feeding through to all business?

When I say tyre kicking. I mean people who have no real concept of what is involved and no real intention of buying. They are trawling or, perhaps, trolling.

I can spot a tyre kicker at 500 metres and I no longer entertain them - they are wasting my time and they are not people I wish to or intend to do business with. They are free to waste other people's time - not mine.

I do not understand what you mean by "declines in income feeding through to all business" in this context.

I'm in the happy position of being able to draw in expenditure and survive before trying to do business with wasters.

mf

mf

Having no concept of what is involved should not be an issue, this is why you approach a professional in a field. I take the point about no real intention of buying.

My point on income is that as people find their own income reducing in these recessionary times, they are more inclined to negotiate price.

Hi. Can anyone reccomend a good solicitor to use when buying a house. Prefarably in the city centre. I sold my house a while back through a particular solicitor but was not happy with the service(mainly that I could never get to speak to the solicitor, only his secretary). Thanks

I've used Godfrey Hogan or Woods, Hogan and Company for quite a few years now and can highly recommend him if you can get him.

Roy

Thanks for that. I called Woods & Co today. Extremely reasonably priced. Before I decide to go with them has anyone dealt with or heard anything about Gaynor & company on Lower Baggot Street. Somebody in work reccomended them today. Thanks

Back