Solicitor question?

T

tysonc80

We got a mortgage through our brother in law who is a solicitor he had a friend in the bank and we just went through them to avoid the hassle however now my sister is working for him and our family knows our whole fininical history we want to re-mortgage but would prefer to use someone with no family ties could anyone tell me if the solicitor would know if we used someone else for the re-mortgage it was only a year ago since we took out our first one?We plan on using a diffrent lender.Thanks

Check if the title documents have been registered. If they have request that the solicitors send them back to the financial institution. Once they have been returned, you can use another solicitor. If they are not fully registered either request the solicitor to speed up the process and wait.......or else the solicitor will have to send the title documents to your new solicitor.

Thanks they told me the registertion was been done a few weeks ago as i had to pay a fee at the time for that purpose so just have to find out if they sent them back to bank now. i take it they wont know i have gone to a diffrent solicitior then if all this has been done.
Check if the title documents have been registered. If they have request that the solicitors send them back to the financial institution. Once they have been returned, you can use another solicitor. If they are not fully registered either request the solicitor to speed up the process and wait.......or else the solicitor will have to send the title documents to your new solicitor.

Thats good. Once registration is fully complete ask them to return the title deeds to the financial institution (wherever your mortgage is). The institution will release the solicitors from their undertaking. Make sure this is done in case any paperwork in incomplete. If it is follow up with them to contact your solicitor to have rectified. Once the solicitor is fully released (you need to ensure this is done as otherwise the old solicitor may be needed to fully complete and also you have paid for the work to be done!) you can nominate a new solicitor. Then there is no reason for the old solicitor to have any further details or knowledge of any future transactions.
Hope your sister doesn't click whats going on!

Back