Solicitor Fees

Crum12

My boyfriend and I signed for our house 4 months ago, at the signing the solicitor advised that he would contact us re his fees etc. To be honest the solicitor was hopeless and we nearly lost the house over him. After months we finally signed however he said he would be in contact re his fees etc. 4 months later and we still havent heard anything? Should we contact him? or just leave it ...

Have you not paid him anything? I thought they took it from your mortgage cheque? Well mine did. There are a few solicitors on here, so I'm sure they will advise further.

Should we contact him? Yes - if you want it sorted out.

or just leave it ...Yes. If you don't mind it coming back to haunt you and being an aggravation months later.

Solicitor should have done it, should have issued invoice, hasn't done it, very slack but will notice it sooner or later and will look for it.

I personally hate having things hanging over me and would prefer to get things sorted evern if it means making the effort rather than know that it will surface later. Too many things surface anyway without these kinds of aggravation.

Your choice.

mf

Surely you should of agreed the fees before the sale was complete?
He\She could come back with a massive bill!

Yes fee was agreed before we signed for the house. However he said when we signed the house that he would contact us with the invoice..

He obviously has too much money!

Ok, well if u know what the fee is for the service I would send him this cheque straight away, along with a letter explaining that "despite many attempts to contact him you still have not got an invoice. however, payment for you services are enclosed. I will await you invoice for additional fees (such as land registry map) before submitting further payment".

That covers your end, and the ball is back in his court. If they dont get back to you it is of no fault of yours. I would recommend registered post and cross the cheque and keep a record of when the money leaves your account. Just in case it did come back to haunt you. However if you did the above you have certainly done enough on your part.

KS

Sound advice here from these guys, I would take it and get rid of it. God only knows when it could come back to bite you in the a**. Also this guy has or will I your deeds I assume which can't be a good thing if you haven't paid the bill.

Back