Solicitor fees for sale of house?

babydays

Have put a house on the market but am not buying just yet.

What, generally, are the fees for the work on the sale of a house by a solicitor? It is a percentage or what is it generally?

I would like to know something similar to this but instead buying an apartment. Can anyone quote ball figures and with things the way they are would it be prudent to shop around for quotes?

Cheers,
M

Don't know about selling but when i was buying i rang around and the general cost of legal fees was 1500.

Have put a house on the market but am not buying just yet.

What, generally, are the fees for the work on the sale of a house by a solicitor? It is a percentage or what is it generally?

I paid €1,000 for professional fees. I then had the outlay and VAT on top of that. I don't think the outlay is subject to VAT but can check it out if you need to know. This was in the last 3 months.

tks a lot.

I was told by a firm that they charge E275 per hour and that it would be about 5 hours of work plus vat approx 1,375 plus vat.

tks for the replies

tks a lot.

I was told by a firm that they charge E275 per hour and that it would be about 5 hours of work plus vat approx 1,375 plus vat.

tks for the replies

I'd be very careful there as 5 hours is assuming everything goes smoothly. What happens if there is an issue with the sale and a few more hours is required? You'd be much safer in agreeing a set fee for services because you'll know exactly what the final bill be and won't get any surprises.

tks a lot.

It's great to see the legal sector taking part in the general fall in overheads and costs by only charging 275 per hour. What a bargain.

With comm rents also falling so low, and examiners charging just 425 ph, we will be as competitive as Germany in no time!!

€1330 inc vat. Just got the bill this morning. Have done business with the same solicitor over the years. But check around. I saw a cheaper price advertised in some paper in the last week.

we will be as competitive as Germany in no time!!

Oddly enough, the German model is for strictly regulated legal fees, with an approved scale of charges for almost everything -though this has been somewhat liberalised in recent years.

We abolished scale fees in Ireland years ago. The Irish\UK model is for price competition in the legal services market - it is by no means proven that this delivers better value overall for the consumer, probably because it is so much the accepted wisdom in our part of the world that nobody has researched the question ( or at least I can't find any useful analyses)

We've been quoted €1400 in legal fees for the sale of our bungalow in South East.

Back