Solicitor fees for buy and sell property

JohnnieKippe

What prices have people paid for solicitor/legal fees for the sale of house and purchase of new one. What is the breakdown of cost i.e. how much on the purchase and how much on the sale.

Hi I was quoted e3520 for the sale and purchase by a solr. affiliated with Homebuy/HomesellThe breakdown was approx 60:40 respectively.

daithi.

daithi said:
Hi I was quoted e3520 for the sale and purchase by a solr. affiliated with Homebuy/HomesellThe breakdown was approx 60:40 respectively.

daithi.

Is that price inclusive of VAT and outlays ?

We negotiated a fee of a half of 1 per cent for each (sale of our old hse and the purchase of our new one).This was nearly a year ago.So that totalled 3,550 euro.

With regards to estate agents fee we got them down to 1% plus advertising and VAT so about 3,800. With regards to solicitors fee we are getting a REA package where by you pay a set fee of 2495
plus vat and outlay and then you receive the 1% back on your loan
amount. (This includes sale of sour house and purchse of new house). It works out alot cheaper through REA and this is our 2nd time using them in past 3 years.

Try looking at other threads in AAM or Daft.ie for info for selling privately-we saved the guts of 4k by going down this route. My figure for solr.s fees included VAT and outlay.
HTH

Daithi

I purchased a house last July and here is the complete break down on the Solicitor fees and outlay costs

legal fees 690.00
agency fees 80.00
vatable outlay 120.00
vat @ 21% 186.90
stamp duty on purchase deed 0.00
stamp duty on mortgage deed 293.00
stamp duty on counterpart 12.50

stamp duty on life policy 12.50
land registry/registry of deeds fees 625.00
holdback 100.00
searches 100.00
commissioners Fees 40.00