Sole trader looking for an accountant

markesmith

Hi,

I've been working as a graphic designer for the past 5 years and I'm really unhappy with my accountant. I use MYOB software to do all my own day-to-day stuff; purchases/invoices/VAT returns etc, but I have my accountant do my end of year income tax returns. The firm I use are MYOB literate but they are very hard to get on the phone, never offer any advice or comments and I get the impression that they simply run the computer and let it spit out the figures at the end of the year. I feel like I'd be better off with a smaller company who would get more involved with my business - maybe even someone doing a nixer, or a sole operator. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I'd also be interested to hear sugestions on this. I'm a graphic designer also and do my own invoices/vat etc. My last accountant charged me an arm and a leg just to do end of year returns so I'm looking to move also.

Markesmith

Why not send me a Private Message and I'll see if I can be of assistance.

Rascal

I think the OP is in Macroom, Co Cork
but if I might hijack this thread I'm a sole trader in South Cork/Cork City, my turnover is only EUR 4000 pa (PAYE is my main), can anyone recommend a good, but cheap accountant, I'm not sure what expenses I can claim etc

I know a few Accountants, particularly in the Dublin area..
If you want someone to have an initial consultation with, without obligation, send me a private message

Back