Solar Panel Warranty?

trailblazer

I bought a house in a new housing development with Solar Panels for water heating. They have stopped working and I am wondering if these are typically covered under warranty when provided like this? I can see if I bought them direct, most reputable suppliers will offer parts and service warrantys. It was not something that was checked when purchasing.

Your only contract is with the firm you bought the house from, how long ago did you purchase and what guarantee/warranty information did they provide you with?

The house was purchased 2 years ago. There doesn't seem to be any mention in the contracts about Solar Panel warranty. I never checked it at the time and I guess if I ask the developer now, the answer will be that its not covered.

Most likely the case I'm afraid. Most of the cheap panels would only come with a 1 year warranty anyway.

What make of panel is it? The differential controllers and pump station usually come with a 2 year warranty and most panels come with 5 year warranty. Kingspan give a 20 year warranty on their panels when they are installed by an accredited installer but only 5 years if not.

It would be highly unlikely that the panels are at fault unless they were idle for long periods. Usual culprit is microscopic air in the system has built up and the pump cannot shift it. Purging with a pump station is the cure but a full service is a good idea at the same time. This involves setting the correct flow rates, checking and setting the expansion vessel pressure, etc.

Back