Solar installation query

Thanks everyone for your advice.I have a three zone setup for gas system ,upstairs,downstairs,and water only so can turn gas heating on for all zones if I chose.I have received some off site estimates today mostly they included batteries I had to suggest that non battery and selling back to grid was the way forward they came back saying they could do that as well definitely between 2000 and 3000 euro cheaper.this brought it back to a reasonable cost ,
if at all possible to put some savings along with overall cost plus a small credit union loan seems quit reachable. As an investment heading towards retirement this would mean one less bill to worry about also some suppliers will give an interest free loan over 3 to 4 years

Thanks everyone for your advice.I have a three zone setup for gas system ,upstairs,downstairs,and water only so can turn gas heating on for all zones if I chose.I have received some off site estimates today mostly they included batteries I had to suggest that non battery and selling back to grid was the way forward they came back saying they could do that as well definitely between 2000 and 3000 euro cheaper.this brought it back to a reasonable cost ,
if at all possible to put some savings along with overall cost plus a small credit union loan seems quit reachable. As an investment heading towards retirement this would mean one less bill to worry about also some suppliers will give an interest free loan over 3 to 4 years

As an investment heading towards retirement this would mean one less bill to worry about also some suppliers will give an interest free loan over 3 to 4 years
Just shop around. Anyone offering such a deal has already priced a cost for that finance into the price.

Best check out the renewable section on boards, very active/knowledgeable folk along with recent quotes.

Might be beneficial to defer the installation of your smart meter. A day/night meter is what they are all after. Once you are on a smart meter you cant revert back.

I’m getting my smart meter changed to a day/night meter. Much better rates than smart/24 hour meters. ESP with EV.,

Don't u mean your plan changed? My understanding is the meter and the plan are different things, so when getting a smart meter you can stay on same plan, for example.

On the Electric Ireland website they have 3 plans for smart meter
A 24 hour Tariff
A smart Tariff
and a Day/Night Tariff

So you can have a Day/Night Tariff with a Smart Meter. However, you might not be able to switch back from a smart plan.

I've never heard that one before - surely most systems don't require CH to be running to heat HW?

Wouldn't you need to use gas or something else to heat the HW when the sun isn't shining and HW runs out?
Had an Ideal boiler in last apartment I lived in and there was no separate flow for just hot water, so the only way to heat hot water only was to manually shut the valves on all radiators. Also had no timer on the immersion so it was the only way I could get perfectly timed hot water. It was an awful lot cheaper than trying to remember to turn on and off the immersion. As someone rightly mentioned, not switching the system off for 3-4 months did keep it in better running order than when I switched it off over the summer and used the immersion.

Back