Solar Export add partner to Electric Bill to double allowed export before tax

Frank

Was aware the of the allowance to export €200 worth of Solar before being taxed.

Pretty punitive after spending thousands on install but it is what it is.

Apparently if you add partner to the account the allowance is 200 per person so 400 for the house.

Just be careful I'm with SSE and when I rang to try to update, they told me this was breaking my contract and setting up a new contract, oh there is a €50 break charge per utility for adding a second name to the account.

I decided to do it at next renewal. It must be a computer says know... not sure if others had similar experience but that's what I was told when I phoned them.

Just be careful I'm with SSE and when I rang to try to update, they told me this was breaking my contract and setting up a new contract, oh there is a €50 break charge per utility for adding a second name to the account.

I decided to do it at next renewal. It must be a computer says know... not sure if others had similar experience but that's what I was told when I phoned them.

Maybe time for you to look at another supplier. Airtricity gave me the same guff 12 months ago. So I did leave them mid-contract and hopped on the OBS deal from BGE. I a way they did me a huge favour. In the meantime it has saved me a hell of a lot more than their poxy €50 penalty. According to the minister for Finance you can add multiple people to the account and avail of the €200 increase each time. I note Yuno have decreased their prices by 12% today with immediate effect. I have no idea how much they pay for FIT but it may suit you to move.

Good news Budget 2024

Households who generate electricity in their own homes and sell the excess back to the national grid will see an increase from €200 to €400 in the amount of this income that is exempt from income tax, USC and PRSI.

is there anything that says both names must be on the account? If you're both living at the same address, I'd have thought that's sufficient, particularly if you're jointly taxed.

Got hit with the same nonsense so I left. Still waiting for my FIT payment from them.

Back