Software to Track Landlord Income & Expenditure

mathepac

A family member asked me by to look at some options for the above and found that most of the stuff that I classified as really useful was really expensive and difficult to learn, a bit like using a 747 to travel from St Stephens Green to the Phoenix Park.

Completely by accident, I found "Bills for iPad" and "Budgets for iPad" (more correctly I guess for iOS as they run on iPhone too) and there's a macOS version for your MacBook or iMac

They facilitate the creation of budgets in a big calendar with income and expenditures tracked by category and by due-date. House insurance, PRTB registrations & fees, lease termination dates, new tenant move-in dates, NPPR due-date, rents due, etc can all be tracked easily and roll-ups done annually by calendar or tax year (check this one - I can see how, but needs verification).

The basic software costs €0.99 per module, a total of €1.98 for the two as a once-off payment (even if it's annual it'd hardly be a huge financial burden) and there is a suite of 2 optional add-in modules costing €0.99 each as well, one for "checks" (cheques) and one for getting out of debt.

I am not a landlord and I can see the simplicity of setting up and running them, but not necessarily the deficits. It seems simple to set it up to track various properties by using the Income and Expense Categories ("House Insurance 23 Main Street", "House Insurance 5 Lower Road", etc with varying due dates).

They have to get a big thumbs up at that price and I must also post in the "Personal Finance Tracking" Thread(s).

Any thoughts or alternatives?

I have no connection with Apple Inc or the Software developer.

http://ibearsoft.com/bills/

Last edited:
Sounds very complicated to me. I just do everything using my bank account and excel. Maybe if I saw this done by someone I'd understand it better.

I agree with Bronte, MS Excel (or any spreadsheet) is perfectly suitable for your accounting. Easy to use and at 72, I always have fun using it. There are also some very useful help forums if you want to get a bit more than the basic use of it.

I use excel as well. I downloaded an income and expenditure template 15 years ago and still use it today. You would need to have a basic level of excel experience and be able to update/change basic calculations on cells etc. But it's very easy. There must be thousands of nice free templates on the Internet and I'm sure you may find one that has everything you may need

DonKing could you post up the template you have, I'd like to have a look at it please. Also it might be helpful to other landlords.

Back