Sodastream: can you still buy them AND the gas refills?

Z

Z100

Ah yes, a blast from the past :)

Someone mentioned the Sodastream on another thread a few days ago and it reminded me that I wanted one! (For fizzy water only, not for that sickly Coke, etc!).

I changed my mind about buying one in Tesco a couple of months ago because they didn't stock the cannisters, and I couldn't find anywhere else that did either.

Now I can't even find the Sodastream itself on the Tesco website, or on the Argos site either (they used to sell them too).

Does anyone know if they're still available and, if yes, if the gas refills are available anywhere?

Needless to say, www.sodastream.co.uk won't post gas cannisters outside the UK :)

Oh my God! Thinking of Sodastreams has brought back so many pleasant childhood memories, my Mum running a chipper out the utility room window with greasy chips in greaseproof bags and gallons of overly fizzed stickey cola!
Anyone remember these;
6641_1_b.JPG

Wow - sodastream brings back memories.....I was so envious of a friend who had one! There are some for sale on eBay if thats any help although most seem to be UK sites.

If you do manage to get one, you could try the following
1. fizzy milk
2. fizzy tea/coffee/hot chocolate
3. Turn white wine into champagne
4. Red sparkling wine!

I seem to remember wanting to get one when I was a lad. These are the type of things I wanted it for.

Oh my God! Thinking of Sodastreams has brought back so many pleasant childhood memories, my Mum running a chipper out the utility room window with greasy chips in greaseproof bags and gallons of overly fizzed stickey cola!
Anyone remember these;
http://i23.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/85/74/6641_1_b.JPG

Crackin' up, I've sent ye all galloping down memory lane! That bottle!

Here's another pic for nostalgia lovers: http://www.makingthemodernworld.org.uk/everyday_life/img/IM.0844_es.jpg

Look how funky it is now, it's designed to look like a penguin!
[broken link removed]

I want one!

1. fizzy milk :eek:
2. fizzy tea/coffee/hot chocolate :confused:
3. Turn white wine into champagne :D
4. Red sparkling wine! :cool:

I seem to remember wanting to get one when I was a lad. These are the type of things I wanted it for.

I've heard of turning water in to wine, but wine in to champagne? Cool.

Wow - sodastream brings back memories.....I was so envious of a friend who had one! There are some for sale on eBay if thats any help although most seem to be UK sites.

Thanks PM, never thought to check Ebay, doh. Any suggestions on the refills would be VERY welcome!

1. fizzy milk
2. fizzy tea/coffee/hot chocolate
3. Turn white wine into champagne
4. Red sparkling wine!

Been there, done that :)

If you try to fizz e.g., wine, with a sodastream it will almost immedtiately bubble all over the place. The trick is to add very short bursts each time waiting 10s of seconds for the fizz to recede. Over a period of a few minutes the desired effect can be achieved.

Side story, I once boarded a plane in the USA on Dec/31 for Beijing. On the way there I discovered that they no longer supplied champagne to celebrate New year's Eve, however the hostess sugested mixing 7up and white wine. After some thought I then realized that even though we would land on Jan/01, we would never actually experience a New Year's Eve since we were travelling E->W over the dateline.

D.Hughes

Just bought one in Tralee at a kitchen shop - something like kitchen utensils. They rock really cool design

Argos have the new soda stream as far as i know... Not the same as the 70/80's version though. Tesco do some of the mixers for it too.

yea I tried Argos but they dont do the gas refill for some reason or another - which makes no sense. That crowd in Tralee have the new ones and all the flavours as well as the all important refill gas

Get busy with the fizzy! (wasnt that the tag line!)

Was thinking a fizzy vodka!

For those who want to relive their childhood, (or experiment with more grown-up flavours ;)) Clery's are now stocking Sodastream machines, plus the essential gas refills :) They also have spare bottles and concentrates.

Just bought one in Tralee at a kitchen shop - something like kitchen utensils. They rock really cool design

Any association to declare here Paragon? Diging up a 2.5 year old thread is a little on the suspicious side.
Leo

Back